Tuesday, November 4, 2008

proud to be an american


just have to say that i did take my own advice and went out to vote this morning. i am proud to say that today i voted for change and said no to discrimination. with the results of this election, i can truly say that...

i am proud to be an american. so much so that i found myself tearing up watching the speeches. i have to say that senator mccain offered a wonderful concession speech, i was surprised and pleased. president elect obama is such a wonderful orator, a powerful speaker. i am very much looking forward to listening to his upcoming speeches. not in 8 years have i felt so strongly, or been so emotional regarding an election. it feels so good to have my faith restored.


i am excited to see what the next four years will bring.


congratulations president elect obama and congratulations to the american people. today is a fantastic day in our country's history. one that i will not forget.

2 comments:

Darla said...

I completely agree. I felt like it was my duty to truly be in the know and to vote concerning not only myself, but my country! I am so proud of the history that was made, yesterday.

Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.