Friday, January 16, 2009

i heart boot...


not cute fashionable ones. medical ones. oh it is true. i have been couch ridden for exactly 24 hours. i am going stir crazy. why you ask...oh, i decided that i wanted to revisit the dangerous history that my left foot and i have. it all started last october when i performed the most amazing spin while staying in place move and created some fabulous tendonitis. not just any tendonitis, but such that i would have to wear a walking cast from october 26th until january 8th. yeah, for someone who LOVES shoes, rocking one boot and one shoe was quite a look. luckily, the boot was black so it worked.

well, last night i talked pace into going to tcby with me to get frozen yogurt in the brief time in between the office and 30 rock. we were walking quickly...pace was jogging/running, i was walking quickly behind and...voila, i stepped off the sidewalk onto the astro turf lost my blance and twisted my ankle something awful. i had the most horrendous pain shoot up my foot and that was it. i burst into tears pace basically carried me into the house. my fabulous-rad-awesome-amazing-wonderful mother fedex'd me my long lost boot. boot will be arriving tomorrow by noon, i am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. so much so that i am considering tying some yellow ribbons to the old rubber tree outside my door to welcome the boot home.

fortunately, i am required to wear all black at work, so again...matching won't be an issue. i will certainly keep ya'll posted, but katie's left foot is down for the count.

and yes, for those mom's reading this blog, if it is still swollen on monday i will be going to the doctor for further examination. i was not about to go to an er at ten pm...and the swelling has decreased considerably since last night. and in 24 hours i have become quite a hopper...my right leg is tired.

here's to a wonderful start to my weekend. i certainly hope that everyone else's is going well.

my mantra for the next three weeks...i heart boot.

0 comments: