Tuesday, January 6, 2009

balance


i am horrible when it comes to new year's resolutions. i always have the best intentions when i write them, but i never seem to last more than a week. i seem to grow bored with them. maybe i should try to challenge myself more...maybe. but this year i really wanted to make resolutions that i could keep.


i just finished explaining my whole thought process to pace...his response. "hmm...well, do it." i think that was supposed to be encouraging. it is midnight.


ok, so this year instead of creating a laundry list of resolutions, none of which i have any intention of keeping, i have decided to come up with a new year's word. not just any word, but a word that can be applied to all facets of my crazy katie life.


my word...balance.


this new years i resolve to find balance in my life. balance between work and play, between being on a diet and not being on a diet, balance between saving every dime and spending every dime., balance in being crazy happy excited energetic and sad mopey moody ornry and well, down right bitchy. my hope is that finding this balance will make me a better girl friend, daughter, sister, co-worker, friend and person.


i wish you all a happy prosperous 2009.


so cheers this new year's to finding balance.

1 comments:

Our Fondaco Family said...

I love that you decided on ONE word!!! This was something that I did last year-- feeling exactly the SAME way!! I didn't want to make a list of things I wouldn't do!! My word? IMPROVE-- same concept too!! In all areas of my life I wanted to IMPROVE... now just don't ask what the outcome was... This year's word?
SIMPLIFY!!!
(As I say that I have just added about 20 hours to my work week.... YIKES) Wish ME luck!