Tuesday, January 20, 2009

here's to you mr. president...


"we come to proclaim an end to the petty grievances and false promises, the recriminations and worn-out dogmas that for far too long have strangled our politics..."

-president barack h. obama, january 20th 2009
thank you president obama for renewing my faith in our government. the words you spoke rang loud and clear. i am truly hopeful, for the first time in my adult life. thank you for reminding us all what it truly means to be an american. i look forward to the rebuilding of the "vital trust between a people and their government."

thank you, mr. president.
hope is the road i choose to travel with you.


2 comments:

Our Fondaco Family said...

oh katie!! The BOOT. I remember the boot well myself. Do you remember my 1st boot experience senior year? Yeah, really traumatic so I am there with ya babe. As for my SECOND BOOT experience... front yard basketball not a great idea. Pete had to carry me into the house and call my mommy and daddy to come and get me. And yes, rocking the whole BOOT and one shoe thing just shoots your self esteem way down the toilet. DAMN BOOT! But I know you'll still look FAB! Miss u!

Our Fondaco Family said...

you beat me. dammit :(


but, hello? Coaching JV softball team? What? Where? Why did I not know about this?

p.s. i totally teach a former mhs coach's grandchild @ preschool. let's just say holmes... ring a bell?

yeah-
we need to see each other!!!!

perhaps my cute little family needs to take a trip to the west coast and meet up with you guys at say, disneyland?? think about it