Monday, May 12, 2008

happy mother's day...a day late

katie college graduation may 05
this post is dedicated to ALL my moms! with a few special words for my mom and grandmas. i have many wonderful women in my life who i would love to call mom...or even grandma! many of you have been an inspiration to me and i admire your strength and courage. i thank you for the example that you have been to me. all of you in some way have contributed to making me the woman i am today.


to my mom...
i love you with all of my heart. you are my best friend and my hero. thank you for teaching me how to be a strong, confident and independent woman. not because i need to be, but because i can be. thank you for showing me that it is ok to cry. if i am happy or sad or just want to...tears are ok. thank you for teaching me that it is ok to be scared and to ask for help. thank you for allowing me to grow and make mistakes, for teaching me to walk tall and hold my head high. thank you for always being my shoulder to cry on...it is not an easy job as i cry a lot! thank you for being my rock, being the one person in my life that i can always go to and always rely on. thank you for trying to teach me to cook, clean and quilt. it hasn't all caught on yet, but i am learning. thank you for teaching me to smile and laugh...especially at myself. thank you for teaching me the joy of decorating, shopping and entertaining. you have a contagious laugh and beautiful smile, i think i get mine from you. you are an amazing woman. if i grow up to be half the woman you are, i'll be ok. thanks for letting me call you mom.

love,

kater


to my grandmas...


grandma vawdrey thank you for teaching me to love jewelry and lip stick. thank you for teaching me to get up in the mornings and do hair and make up...even when camping. thank you for teaching me the love of dress ups, paper dolls, coloring and musicals. thank you for teaching me to love my family, and to looking forward to the day that i have kids and grandkids of my own. thank you for being a perfect example of what it means to be a good friend. thank you for raising my mom to be the woman she is today, making me the woman i am today. thanks for being my grandma.
and for my grandma jenkins who is no longer with us, thank you for teaching me to love high heels, fancy clothes, the color red and polka dots. thank you for teaching me at a young age what a real outfit is. thank you for reminding me how precious life is and that in the end finding a place where we can love, laugh and be childlike will make our lives much better. thank you for showing me that there is no stronger love in this world than the love between a husband and wife. thank you for making me smile, laugh and cry. thank you for raising my dad to be the man he is, making me the woman i am today and the daddy's girl i will always be.
for lola mae...i miss you, we all miss you. my best second grandma. a beautiful person on the inside and outside. you radiated joy and it was impossible not to smile when in your presence. i miss your hugs, lola gave the best hugs! thank you for teaching me to love pink. i think of you every time i see something pink, especially a pink flower. doesn't matter what kind, but i think of you when i see pink flowers. i'll love you forever. love, kate


thank you to all of the women in my life, mothers or not...you all hold a special place in my heart.


happy mother's day.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

I love mom's too! Your mom is great though. Hey, shoot me an email and we can chat about your carpets! Mine is jenspace@yahoo.com