Monday, November 30, 2009

tiny tree


so i was wandering through target this morning wanting to get some new decorations. i wanted a tiny tree to set on top of one of my shelves, but wasn't loving what i was finding. i love my red, green and silver ornaments and decorations and just couldn't find anything i loved. as i was wandering i stumbled on a cute cupcake holder shaped like a tree and well, basically i really wanted it and had to find a way to use it. as i was looking at it i thought, hey i bet i could put extra ornaments in place of cupcakes. and so was born my tiny ornament tree. i just grabbed a bow out of the gift wrapping section and attatched it to the top. above is my final product. i love it, and it was super cheap and now it matches my decor perfectly. and now i have an excuse to make holiday cupcakes!


i love this tiny tree. it makes me smile...and want to get the big one up soon! only 72 hours left. pace has agreed to help me put it up on thursday! pics coming soon!

5 comments:

........... said...

That turned out really cute Katie. Did you get rid of your pink tree?

karen said...

You are such a clever girl. Pace has made a good choice.

Camb said...

That is so cute! You always have such great decorating ideas. I got my stuff out yesterday, but didn't get very far decorating with Stuart's family over. We put up our Christmas lights yesterday though. I love Christmas time!

Our Fondaco Family said...

What a CUTE idea! Love it! Can't wait to see pics from this year's tree! Which one are you going to put up?? CAN'T WAIT! KatieJ!

Angie said...

Um...cough...can I still your mini tree idea???? So freaking cute and so creative girl. Love it!