Wednesday, April 1, 2009

i wish this was an april fools joke...


wow. april is not starting out as a great month for me. (sorry linds, but your bday is brining me no luck! and happy bday!) today was supposed to be the first day of an awesome new adventure for me. training for a half-marathon. which one, not sure yet. but, i am going to train for one so if i find one i will be ready!

ok, so i get up this morning. all pumped up and ready to go. pace is getting ready for work, i am getting ready to work out! i am my usual happy self, bouncing around the apartment, getting my ipod, my shoes, my socks...you get the picture. i walk over to the gym. what the? the gate is locked. it is never locked. have to walk back to my apartment to get the other key. rar. get the key, walk back to the gym. open gym door. omg! it smells like something crawled in here and died...four weeks ago! ok, don't panic. open the doors and turn on the fan (so ghetto we have no a.c!). pick my bike, set down my water and my multiple keys, and my towel. jump on the bike. broken. what? rar. ok, pick another bike, move stuff, move self. broken. really? go to eliptical, it is working. yeah! 15 minutes on eliptical...smell is awful! can't do this. leave gym after 15 minutes. katie is mad!

call dad. dad, i want a gym membership to 24hour fitness. can i add myself to yours? sure. call 24hour fitness, it will be $32 a month to add me on. eh, i don't really want to pay but, ok. drive to 24hour fitness to sign paperwork. meet with joe.

joe: who is jill jenkins?
me: huh? jill, oh jill, my sister.
joe: she is over 24.
me: and...
joe: she is a second adult, so we can't add you on.
me: joe, c'mon. why? i just called and they said it would be fine.
joe: well they didn't pull up the account so they didn't see the other adult.
me: fine. so if i want to sign up how (many pairs of shoes will have to be sacrificed) much will it be?
joe: well, you're in luck...
me: (thinking to myself...luck. dude, you have no idea how much my day has sucked so far. i would hardly say luck...)
joe: we have a special offer right now in honor of the biggest loser, we are waiving the inital sign up fee which will save you $100 dollars.
me: (curiosity peaked) go on...
joe: and instead of paying $45 a month, you will pay $34.99 a month! only two dollars more than what you would have paid if we added you to your dads!
me: sign me up!
joe: ok, but today you have to pay first and last months payment, so it will be about $70.
me: rarrrr...fine. here is my card.
joe: GREAT! welcome to 24hour fitness
me: yeah, thanks joe. you just cost me $70 to work out.

the moral of my awfully long story (for the few of you who are still reading) is that working out sucks, but paying to work out sucks more. i have been spoiled by having my dad pay for all memeberships from the time i was little and now i have to pay my own way. boo. so needless to say, for multiple reasons, i am not stoked about april...or working out right now. check back tomorrow.

going to sulk...which means watching cold case files until i go to work.


3 comments:

Angie said...

At least you kept focused and went to the gym. Me, I would have stopped at the locked door, went back home, and to help myself feel like I wasn't pathetic I would have stretched and called it good.

Tomorrow will be April 2nd and all bad luck will go away.

........... said...

I'm sorry that my birthday is not bringing you any luck, but thanks for the good wishes! I miss you at my gym..sometimes I almost expect to see you there and then remember that you won't be. I hope that 24 hour fitness is good to you. Good luck with your training!

Darla said...

I have to agree with you...but I am proud of you for just doing it! You are gonna be all sexy after a couple months of hitting the gym! Keep it up, it will be worth it! :)