Tuesday, December 22, 2009

tree...take 2


so this is tree 2. this is how he got here...


sunday night while i was working, pace was snuggly sleeping in bed. about 12:30am my christmas tree decided that it wanted to tip over. so it did. right in the middle of my living room. pace jumped out of bed to find the tree on its side...ornaments scattered all over the floor. knowing that i would be home at 5am he stood the broken tree back up in the corner and left me a note explaning the mishap.

i, well, i cried. i had to take my tree down 3 days before christmas. it was sad. it was awful. this was my best tree ever, and it was ruined. i called my mom...told her. called my soon-to-be-mother-in-law and told her. i held back tears all day at work yesterday. little did i know, santa sent a super little elf named pace to target to make it all better.

i came home to a tiny tree, ever so carefully placed in the corner. all lit up (half the lights from the other tree! this one glows!) and redecorated with brand new ornaments. santa's elf (my FABULOUS FIANCE!) bought all new decorations and placed my dove right in the front and put the red skirt back underneath. i cried when i came home.

it is a beautiful tiny tree, decorated specially for me with lots and lots of love.

thanks pace, for making my last few days of christmas shiny and bright again. i didn't know that you worked for santa? :)

merry christmas to all...and to all...Font sizea good tuesday!

5 comments:

Angie said...

That is the most adorable thing I have ever heard of. That Pace sure can put a smile on many woman's faces. He is so thoughtful.

Nicole said...

how freaking cute! that story made my day!

Ally Cox said...

So, the first thing I see is the picture of the tree and I think to myself, that isn't really a katie tree so this must be a good story! A good story it was! That was so sweet of him. I think you made a good choice in marrying him! :-)

Ally Cox said...

Hold up, I meant to say that I think you made a good choice in deciding to marry him. ( I know you aren't married, YET!) :-)

Darla said...

Holy cow...Does Pace have to make all our men have to look so bad? :) What a total sweetheart he is! Merry Christmas!