Wednesday, December 3, 2008

"i'm the happiest christmas tree..."


if my tree could sing...this would be the song it would be singing! i heart christmas time! essentially because of christmas trees! i put ALL my decorations up on sunday night and monday i went straight from work (at 8:30pm) to get my christmas tree. my thought being that if i could get my tree home and up by the time pace got home from school i could probably talk him into decorating it on tuesday morning...yes, morning. i waste no time. plan successful!

i put up my 7 foot tree up on monday night. yes, 7 feet. i told pace that i would gladly give up a couch, ottoman and any lamps if necessary to put up a big tree. i really wanted to buy the huge 9 ft one at costco...but, i would have had no room for a tree topper! yesterday before we went to work/school we decorated. pace had the wonderful idea of putting our tv on the christmas music station, so it was truly a holiday filled morning. it could very easily become a tradition...the lighting is much better during the day and i feel that my tree turned out fabulous!

theme: old fashion christmas katie style. my colors are red, white, green and silver. and yes, those are poinsettias in my tree and i heart them. i will post pictures of the rest of the apartment at a later time...ya'll can't handle all the christmas joy radiating from my apt at one time. :)


oh how i love this holiday season!

4 comments:

J and T said...

Happy Holidays! We love this time of year, too. Your tree is beautiful! Tara

........... said...

I love the poinsettas in the tree, that is such a good idea. I'm with you on the classic colors too. There is nothing better than good old red and green...and of course silver!

Jenny said...

your christmas tree looks amazing!

Mary DeMann said...

Your tree looks so good. It's very classy! I love it!