Wednesday, August 6, 2008

bye bye bretty


i am in mourning.

i am not sure if there is anything more sad than a 25 year old girl crying because her favorite quarterback was traded to her least favorite team. but, it is true. brett favre was traded to the jets and i am not sure if i will ever feel the same about my beloved packers. how could they do this to me? it is awful. painful. i see nothing but black...and now dark green and white. sad. i will never chant "go pack go" with same enthusiasm ever again. this is truly turing out to be the worst week.

last time i felt this horrible was on november 7th, 2000. i cried myself to sleep because gw bush had been "elected" president. i woke up the next moring and heard angels singing "not over yet"...true my nightmere continued 4 weeks later, but still. there is hope. i will cry myself to sleep tonight hoping and praying that the pack will regain some sense.

i dedicate this song to my beloved #4...

bye bye {bretty}
im gonna miss you so
bye bye {bretty}
why'd you have to go?


no more sunshine
it's followed you away
i'll cry {bretty}
till you're home to stay

i'll miss the way you smile

as though it's just for me
and each and every night
i'll write you faithfully
bye bye {bretty}


bye bye {bretty}
it's awful hard to beg
bye bye {bretty}

guess i'll always care



imagine ann margaret singing it, it is much better that way. if you don't know what song this orginally was...seriously...never read my blog again!

brett, we love you. we will always love you. you may be gone...but never forgotten.


the end of an era.

"GO! PACK! GO!"




5 comments:

Ryan and Rikke said...

Hi Katie - I just ran across your blog from a link on Natalie's. Hope you don't mind. I love the post and love the use of Bye Bye Birdie. It's a good one. I also hope you don't mind but I'm going to add your link to my blog. Hope all is well. Also, congrats on the big move to Cali! (in case you're wondering Jared Stanfied told me). - Rikke (Philipoom) Gillespie

Ryan and Rikke said...

Thanks for the note! That's so exciting about the move to Cali! Good luck with getting everything ready. Where are you moving?

The puppy's fine. He finally got his cone off and everything seems alright. I'm crossing my fingers that he doesn't have any more health issues.

Hope all is well!

Angie said...

Katie Katie...you are still as amazing as ever and living life to the fullest. I wanted to drop by and say hello. I found you on Maria's blog. Hope all is well and good luck on your move to the state of sun, sun, and more warm and wonderful sun! ;)

Angie said...

Is it "Kate" now? Can you believe I am getting married...I don't! :) It only took me 10 years to find the right man for the job, but once I did I couldn't let him go. Are you moving for work, pleasure, or just to get out of Utah? I can only dream of moving out of state...maybe one day.

Angie said...

Well good luck with getting all settled in and keep in touch. I was great hearing from you.