Thursday, April 3, 2008

hi bill!


i was able to have dinner tonight with MR. J.W. MARRIOTT himself! wow, what an awesome experience. for all of those who have not been slaving away at a marriott hotel (or call center...for all my peeps from slcrc/slcrg/slczz), trust me, this has easily been the best day SINCE my hotel opened in 2006!

the city center marriott hosted a lovely reception for our legendary guest of honor this evening. complete with about 30 different types of sushi (yes, cambria, 30 different types!) and many fabulously delicious desserts. mr. marriott is very kind, generous and sincere. quite small in stature, but what a huge man. he spoke so highly of his beloved wife, who has been by his side for 53 years and of his genuine appreciation for all of the associates who make his job possible. as he spoke i found myself absolutely star struck, jaw open, eyes wide and just in awe that i was experiencing this. when i shook hands with him, i felt so incredibly honored.

and for those who know that good old marriott philosophy...i have a voice recording on my phone of mr. marriott saying "take care of our associates and they will take care of our customers!" need i say more...

oh yes, i wish i had taken my copy of spirit to serve! can you imagine...an autographed copy!

2 comments:

The Fab Fabian Life said...

Maybe you are inspired because he is mormon--- isn't he? So I stayed up so freaking late watching the hills the other night and yes I am blaming you! Have you checked out your new bravo show?

Jewels said...

Oh KJ, the fact that you were all star struck over Bill Marriott makes me believe you are spending way too much time at work!