Wednesday, July 1, 2009

life happens...


it's totally the truth. that is why again, i am awarding myself the world's biggest slacker award. i have had numerous reminders that i need to update, and i do. but, guys, my life is boring right now. seriously, the seagull story from seaworld is still the best story coming out of socal right now. it is the talk of my apartment, the story i still am telling at work...and i think i have a few of my vs girls telling it too! yes! finally, i have a living legacy story. not sure i wanted it to involve a seagull, but ya take what ya can get!


i totally totally promise that come this weekend i will have atleast one super blogtastic story to tell. one of my old college roomies is coming to san diego this weekend and she and her fiance are making the long trek up the coast (all 1 hour of it) to see us. totally, totally stoked. haven't seen her since january of 2006. sure to be good times. good food, a little wine, it will be fabulous. and i will TRY to take pics, but i am photographically challenged.


and lets not forget...


a katie's must have ...a holiday is quickly approaching. hope that ya'll have your red white and blue outfits picked out for saturday! cause...that's right...it's the fourth of july! yeah! parades, salt water taffy, hot firemen on the truck in the parade, fireworks at the park...oh wait. this kinda sucks. all this fun happens back in murray. instant sadness. hmm...ok, so pace and i will be having a fourth of july celebration down here. yes, i know that fireworks are "illegal" because they have a high tendency of causing fires, but really...for one night...i may...may...may...be a rule breaker. i know, i know. but, it is for a semi-decent and hopefully not too "illegal". i think i can buy them in santa ana...off the back of a truck for a fairly decent price. and guys, the grass outside my apartment is fake anyway. really, it is. so i don't really see a problem. the first fourth of july with truly, hot fireworks. it's the same as paying your neighbor to drive to evanston and having murray pd show up three times...right?


we have been invited to a fourth of july party by my buddy edith. my partner in crime at work. and it pretty much should be a blast. the party coincides with her dad's 60th birthday party. here are a few details...and i think you will get the hint. all you can eat mexican food, shots of tequila, and a mariachi band. yeah, awesomeness. pace...stoked. totally stoked. but, we still have to find a parade to attend. and we better find one. otherwise i am going to be decorating a bike, that i will have to buy, with streamers and making my own parade. which could be pretty fabulous, but i am hoping i can find another option.


ok, time for the gym. yuck. i will post this weekend. promise.


katie out.


oh, oh, oh, and i am coming home august 1st to august 10th, and my days and nights are filling up quickly. so get in touch for you fellow bloggers who want to party with katie in utah. :) mrs. jubber, mrs. herrera, mrs. kaeding, mrs. williams...yeah, i am talking to you guys. lets set up play dates asap!!!!!


much love.


3 comments:

Nicole said...

We better get together some time while you are in town! I am free anytime because I am jobless during the summer. Plus by then I will know what I am having. That is right I joined the prego party again, I am due January 2. I am totally excited to see you!

........... said...

I was just thinking about you today and wondering when you were coming home. Lets definetely set something up for that week. I'm sorry you will miss the Murray parade, I have to say it is the one thing I totally look forward to all year round...and this year I get to be a judge, cool huh! Have fun at your party and let us know when you want to get together.

Anonymous said...

i hope you do not find that parade because i so want you to decorate a bike and parade solo, like a kid. or an insane 25 year old woman.

you would.

you delight me.